EYON COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
At EYON, our mission is to provide the best live streaming experience created by a community where creators and viewers can interact safely. To achieve this, we ask that all users participate in a way that promotes a friendly, positive experience for the EYON Community. Our Community Guidelines set a common code of conduct that shall apply to all User Generated Content and activity on the EYON platform. The aim of these guidelines is to ensure a friendly and welcoming space where diverse creators and their communities feel excited and supported. Our Community Guidelines are updated regularly in consultation with relevant experts based on the evolution of the EYON community and our services. Please read them carefully, for a better understanding and experience.
We provide the following guidelines for our community in addition to our Terms of Service. To protect the integrity of our community, EYON reserves the right to suspend and/or deactivate any account at any time for any conduct that we determine to be inappropriate or harmful contrary to our community guidelines.
- Content Labeling
You are expected to accurately label your content to the best of your ability. When choosing a category or tag, please choose whichever best describes your content. Deliberate or extensive misuse of titles, tags, games/categories, or other metadata are prohibited.
- Account Usernames and Display Names
Inappropriate account names that violate our Community Guidelines are prohibited. We also recognize that an account’s username has more impact across our services than many other forms of content because they are persistent, cross-functional, and, in most cases, much more visible. Usernames and display names created on EYON may not include or reference any of the following:
- Breaking the Law, including Terrorism and Child Exploitation
- Violence and Threats
- Hateful Conduct
- Harassment and Sexual Harassment
- Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
- Glorification of natural or violent tragedies
- Self-Destructive Behavior
- References to recreational drugs, hard drugs, and drug abuse, with exceptions for alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana
- References to sexual acts, genital, or sexual fluids
- Spam, and Other Malicious Conduct
Any content or activity that disrupts, interrupts, harms, or otherwise violates the integrity of EYON services or another user’s experience or devices is prohibited. Such activity includes:
- Posting large amounts of repetitive, unwanted messages or user reports
- Distributing unauthorized advertisements
- Defrauding others
- Spreading malware or viruses
- Misinformation (such as feigning distress, posting misleading metadata, or intentional channel miss categorization)
- Harmful misinformation actors
- Promoting or offering sale of alcohol
- Tampering (such as artificially inflating follow or live viewer stats)
- Selling or sharing user accounts
- Reselling EYON services or features (such as channel Moderator status)
- Defacing, or attempting to deface, website pages or other EYON services (such as uploading inappropriate or malicious content)
- Cheating an EYON points acquisition system
- Harmful Misinformation Actors
To reduce harm to our community and the public without undermining our streamers’ open dialogue with their communities, we also prohibit harmful misinformation super spreaders who persistently share misinformation on EYON. We seek to remove users whose online presence is dedicated to:
- persistently sharing.
- widely disproven and broadly shared and;
- harmful misinformation topics.
This policy is aimed at EYON users who persistently share harmful misinformation. It will not be applied to users based upon individual statements or discussions that occur on the channel. All three of the criteria listed above must be satisfied for us to take action on an account. We will evaluate whether a user violates the policy by assessing both their on-platform behavior. You can report these actors by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the account name and any available supporting evidence.
Below is a short list of non-comprehensive examples of the types of content that harmful misinformation actors persistently share.
- Misinformation that targets protected groups, which is already prohibited under our Hateful Conduct and Harassment Policy.
- Harmful health misinformation and wide-spread conspiracy theories related to dangerous treatments, COVID-19, and COVID-19 vaccine misinformation
- Misinformation promoted by conspiracy networks tied to violence and/or promoting violence.
- Civic misinformation that undermines the integrity of a civic or political process.
- Promotion of verifiably false claims related to the outcome of a fully vetted political process, including election rigging, ballot tampering or vote tallying.
- In instances of public emergencies (e.g., wildfires, earthquakes, active shootings), we may also act on misinformation that may impact public safety
- 18+ Creations and mature themes
We define “mature themes” as any audio, visual, or audiovisual creations depicting explicit sexual situations, including nudity in sexual contexts. We ask creators to flag themselves as 18+ if their creations may be considered inappropriate for people under 18 years of age.
Nudity and sexually explicit content or activities, such as pornography, sexual acts or intercourse, and sexual services, are prohibited. We also do not allow other fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest, necrophilia, or fetish creations that are hard to distinguish from non-consensual sex.
Content or activities that threaten or promote sexual violence or exploitation are strictly prohibited and may be reported to law enforcement. Child exploitation will be reported to authorities.
Sexually suggestive content or activities are also prohibited, although they may be allowed in educational contexts or for pre-approved licensed content, in each case subject to additional restrictions.
- Extreme Violence, Gore, and Other Obscene Conduct
Content that exclusively focuses on extreme or gratuitous gore and violence is prohibited.
- Intellectual Property Rights
You should only share content on your EYON channel that you own, or that you otherwise have rights to or are authorized to share on EYON. If you share content on your EYON channel that you do not own or otherwise do not have the rights to share on EYON, you may be infringing another person’s intellectual property rights. This includes any third-party content included in your content, derivative creations, or performances of others’ copyrighted content. We encourage you to assess your content for adherence to applicable intellectual property laws and the proper application of principles such as fair dealing, and to secure all appropriate rights needed, before sharing your content on EYON.
Any unauthorized content you share on EYON that violates our Terms of Service is subject to removal. Multiple violations of our policies may lead to a permanent suspension of your account. Rights holders may request that EYON remove unauthorized content and/or issue penalties through the following processes:
- For copyrighted works, by manually submitting a copyright notification through our web form
- For trademarks, by manually submitting a Trademark notification through our web form.
Examples of content you should not share on EYON without permission from the rights holders or unless otherwise permitted by law include:
- Other EYON creators’ content
- Pirated games or content from unauthorized private servers
- Content from other sites
- Movies, television shows, or sports matches
- Music you do not own or do not have the rights to share
- Goods or services protected by trademark.
- Unauthorized Sharing of Private Information
Do not invade the privacy of others. It is prohibited to share content that may reveal private personal information about individuals, or their private property, without their express written permission. This includes but is not limited to:
- Sharing personally identifiable information (such as real name, location, or ID)
- Sharing restricted or protected social profiles or any information from those profiles
- Sharing content that violates another’s reasonable expectation of privacy, for example streaming from a private space, without permission
Any content or activity on the EYON Platform meant to impersonate an individual or organization shall not be tolerated. Further, any attempt to misrepresent yourself as an employee of EYON will result in indefinite suspension from our website.
- Self-Destructive Behavior
We define self-destructive behavior as any activity that may result in (a) physical harm, and/or (b) the endangerment of your life or the life of your viewers. Activity fitting the above definition is strictly prohibited. Any discussion that glorifies, promotes and/or encourages potentially dangerous behaviors is also prohibited.
Examples of self-harm behaviors and related content that we prohibit are:
- Cutting of the wrists or mutilation of body parts;
- Suicide attempts and threats of suicide;
- Glorification and/or promotion of self-harm;
- Sharing of suicide notes and/or graphic details related to a real suicide.
- Promotion of eating disorders and sharing of eating disorder content such as telling viewers to regularly exercise and purge every other meal;
- Use of hard drugs;
- Misuse of legal substances and substances not fit for human consumption (e.g., prescription drugs, whippets, tide pods, bleach);
- Consumption of alcohol or other substances that lead to being incapacitated;
- Dangerous or distracted driving, including using a phone while driving and drunk driving.
We do not make exceptions for self-destructive behavior performed as a stunt or gag made in jest, or meant to entertain, when the behavior could reasonably be expected to cause physical injury.
- Violence and Threats
Acts and threats of violence will be taken seriously and are considered zero-tolerance violations and all accounts associated with such activities will be indefinitely suspended.
EYON does not allow content that depicts, glorifies, encourages, or supports violent extremist actors or acts. This includes threatening to or encouraging others to commit acts that would result in serious physical harm to groups of people or significant property destruction. You may not display or link extremist propaganda, including graphic pictures or footage of extremist violence, even for the purposes of denouncing such content.
In situations where a user has lost control of their broadcast due to severe injury, medical emergency, police action, or being targeted with serious violence, we will temporarily remove the channel and associated content.
In exceptional circumstances, we may preemptively suspend accounts when we believe an individual’s use of Eyon poses a high likelihood of inciting violence. In weighing the risk of harm, we consider an individual’s influence, the level of recklessness in their past behaviors (regardless of whether any past behavior occurred on EYON), whether or not there continues to be a risk of harm, and the scale of ongoing threats.
- Hateful Conduct and Harassment
Hateful conduct and harassment are not allowed on EYON. Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes or encourages discrimination, denigration, harassment, or violence based on the following protected characteristics: race, ethnicity, color, caste, national origin, immigration status, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, serious medical condition, and veteran status. We also provide certain protections for age. EYON has zero tolerance for hateful conduct, meaning we act on every valid reported instance of hateful conduct. We afford every user equal protections under this policy, regardless of their particular characteristics.
Harassment has many manifestations, including stalking, personal attacks, promotion of physical harm, hostile raids, and malicious false report brigading. Sexual harassment, specifically, can take the form of unwelcome sexual advances and solicitations, sexual objectification, or degrading attacks relating to a person’s perceived sexual practices.
We will take action on all instances of hateful conduct and harassment, with an increasing severity of enforcement when the behavior is targeted, personal, graphic, or repeated/prolonged, incites further abuse, or involves threats of violence or coercion. The most egregious violations may result in an indefinite suspension on the first offense.
- Breaking the Law
You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while using our services. Any content or activity featuring, encouraging, offering, or soliciting illegal activity is prohibited.
This includes committing or aiding in the malicious destruction, defacement, or theft of public or another person’s private property without permission on stream.
- Reporting Community Guidelines Violations
If you come across any content or user(s) on EYON that you feel violate our Community Guidelines, we ask that you report the content and/or user(s) in question to our moderation team for review via our violations webform.
- Community Guidelines Strikes
If our reviewers decide that content violates our Community Guidelines, we remove the content and send a notice to the Creator/Streamer. The first time a Streamer violates our Community Guidelines, they receive a warning with no penalty to the channel. After one warning, we’ll issue a Community Guidelines strike to the channel and the account will have temporary restrictions including not being allowed to upload videos, live streams, or stories for a 1-week period. Channels that receive three strikes within a 90-day period will be terminated. Channels that are dedicated to violating our policies or that have a single case of severe abuse of the platform, will bypass our strikes system and be terminated. All strikes and terminations can be appealed if the Creator believes there was an error, and our teams will re-review the decision.
- Posting previously removed content, or content from Suspended or restricted creators
All suspensions are binding until expiration or removal upon successful appeal. Any attempt to circumvent an account suspension or chat ban by using other accounts, identities, or by appearing on another user’s account will also result in an additional enforcement against your accounts, up to an indefinite suspension.
In addition, it is prohibited to use your channel to knowingly feature or advertise a suspended user. We understand that there may be instances where suspended users may appear on your stream due to circumstances beyond your control, but we expect that you make a good faith effort to remove them from your broadcast, mute them, or otherwise limit their interactions with your stream.
- Sale of illegal or regulated goods or services
Content intended to sell certain regulated goods and services is not allowed on EYON.
Do not post content on EYON if it aims to directly or indirectly sell, promote, link to, or facilitate access to any of the regulated goods and services listed below. Making the sale of these items or facilitating the use of these services possible by posting links, email, phone number or other means to contact a seller directly is not allowed.
- Bank account passwords, stolen credit cards, or other financial information
- Counterfeit documents or currency
- Controlled narcotics and/or other illegal drugs
- Endangered species or parts of endangered species
- Nicotine, including vaping products
- Gambling or Online gambling sites
- Pharmaceuticals without a prescription
- Sex or escort services
- Unlicensed medical services
- Pork or pork related products.
- Human smuggling
This guideline applies to comments and live streams, and any other EYON product or feature.